Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 13 - More Surprises

Well, today was full of surprises. On my way to work I went past the block to find a whole bunch of guys digging the footings and preparing our block for the slab. Considering construction wasn't supposed to begin until tomorrow at the earliest, this is all looking very good.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we were supposed to have a meeting with the site supervisor, which we are yet to have. So I called RedInk and just asked if the meeting would be bought forward seeing as construction has started, I was then corrected and told that there is no meeting, it's just a letter with contact details. I don't mind, I don't think we would have had much to say anyway. Whilst I was on the phone I asked if they could tell me when the slab would be going down as I would like to watch, I was told that it was scheduled for this Friday but they'll just double check. When they came back they told me the concreter had an opening and it's now being done tomorrow. Apparently they aren't allowed to start work until after 7am, so that's when I'll get there tomorrow morning, hopefully it's the first job of the day :)

So, this is all fantastic news, everything is going much faster than anticipated. Luckily my (Civil Engineer)friends Joel and Nyssa were free this afternoon to come and check it out and give it the thumbs up, not that there was too much to check. I was also able to get some time off tomorrow to go and watch the slab get poured, I mainly want to see if they use a concrete pump because that's an $1800 provisional cost and I have no way of knowing whether it was used unless I see it, plus I'd also like to see it all happen.

One other thing, seeing as things seem to be moving at a high pace I thought I might now label each blog post with a Day number. This number being the amount of days since the settlement paper was given to RedInk. Today is Day 13, as noted above, check back regularly, there will definitely be an update tomorrow. Here's the picture from today, Joel took some more photos which I'll try and get a hold of soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment