Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 17 - Bricks have been chosen

Just a small update today. Yesterday Ash found out that our bricks had been ordered to be on site next Wednesday(Day 22) so she organised for us to go down to the brick yard and pick our bricks out. As I mentioned in a previous post, we have obviously chosen our bricks at pre-start, however the bricks we chose (Midland Brick - Sandalford Handmade) vary from batch to batch. Because of this we went to the yard and were shown the three different batches available at the moment, they were all quite similar and also all quite close to the ones you see in the brochure. Ash and I have very similar taste and we both knew which ones we wanted without needing to ask each other. I forgot to take my camera but Midland Brick takes a photo of each batch so Ash got that:
So that's our bricks, we actually got to see our house today, just in pieces :P

I know I said just a small update, but I just remembered that the other day Joel bought over the photos that he took a week or so ago with his fancy camera. So I thought I'd put a couple of them on, they're so much better than anything my camera can take.


Day 1 - We all went down for a couple of drinks the day after our block settled.



Day 13 - Panorama of our block after the footings were done.


Day 13 - As above


Day 13 - We're an environmentally friendly bunch. Joel, Nys, Ash and I all came in separate cars :P


Day 13 - Ash braving the cold.

I've also got a slightly updated time lapse picture for the sidebar, I'm going to try and get an animated time lapse thing happening soon. That's about it for pictures today.
In other house related news, the block next to ours(Right hand side looking at the block) has been cleared and I imagine the slab will be down soon. Also, as you can see in the new picture in the sidebar the house behind ours is growing a roof.

That's it for today, I'm off to play with photoshop for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment