Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 34 - Wow

I continue to be amazed at the speed the bricks are laid. I think probably about a third of the house is done now. Some of the walls are up to full height, we now have bedroom 4 complete, bedroom 3 half done, games room done, ensuite half done and walk in robes started. They aren't all up to full height, but high enough to feel like a room.
The slab has been cleanly separated now and has lots of re-inforcement bars in place, I imagine it will be poured tomorrow.
Ash suggested that one of the reasons it's going up so quickly is because RedInk don't get any money from us until the walls are done(Plate height). That sounds like a reasonable assumption to me and not one that I hold against RedInk, I'd do the same thing.
Anyway, onto the pictures...


The sun is in a rather unfortunate position at 5.15pm in regards to taking photos of the front of our house, I've adjusted it so you can actually see something, but the colours are a bit funny. As you can see, we have bricks all the way up and over the window, not to mention a front door frame!


You can see the edge of the concrete is nice and clean now with some nice thick reinforcement bars stuck in it to hold onto the new part of the slab.


This is taken from the master bedroom at the front of the house looking at our ensuite and walk in robes.


This is standing in the lounge room looking into the games room, sized to fit our pool table with optimum space for pool cue movement(I hope).


This is from the back yard looking at bedrooms 3 and 4, you can see the internal wall between bed4 and the games room goes all the way up, I'm not sure what the 4 courses of single course bricks are for, but our friends Mark and Rachael's house has the same thing, I'll have to look into it.


Our meter box! I don't know why that's exciting, but for some reason it is.


That's it for today, at this rate the bricks will be finished before the end of next week so I'll probably have an update just about every day due to things changing so rapidly. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment